Check out the up to date standings here.
Click here for Women’s City tournament results through April 7.
Results for the City Open Tournament have been posted.
Dear League Officer/Association Member,
The 2019 Annual meeting of the Greater Grand Rapids USBC Association will be held on Thursday, May 9, 2019, 7:00 p.m. at Westgate Lanes.
The following positions are to be filled by election for the corresponding terms:
- 4 Directors
- Youth Director
- Delegates to the 2020 USBC National Meeting
- Delegates to the 2020 Michigan State USBC
Interested persons must submit the enclosed candidate application postmarked by April 25th, 2019 and be in attendance at the Annual Meeting (or have a note on file requesting to be excused).
To be eligible for nomination as an officer or director, a candidate must be:
- A USBC member in good standing of the association at the time of election and throughout their term.
- Must not be bowling in any un-certified (sanctioned) leagues of American Ten Pin.
- Must have a working knowledge of USBC rules and regulations.
- Must have a working knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Parliamentary Procedures.
- Time to serve on committees and attend 6-7 board meetings each year.
- Candidates to be eligible for nomination as an officer shall have served at least three years as a member of GGRUSBC Board of Directors.
- Must be willing to complete SafeSport/RVP Training and background check.
Additional eligibility requirements, if any, will be developed by the Nominating Committee. Anyone wishing to be considered as a director or delegate must submit their qualifications to the Nominating Committee on the approved (enclosed) application. This form must be postmarked by April 25th, 2019.
Return to Nominating Committee – 2405-A Porter SW, Wyoming MI 49519
Nominations from the floor may be made, providing the candidate’s qualifications have been submitted to the Nominating Committee at least one week prior to the opening of the Annual Meeting. These qualifications must be submitted on the approved candidate nomination form (application enclosed).
For questions or additional information and/or forms, please contact the Nominating Chair at 616-856-8110. Thank you for your time. We look forward to seeing you on May 9th.
USBC Nominating Committee
Entry forms were mailed out earlier this week, and are now available online.
City Open Championship Entry Form – Entries close May 4
City Women’s Championship Entry Form – Entries close May 4
City Youth Tournament Entry Form – Entries close April 20
New for 2019
Open/Women’s – Squad Sponsor Incentive : Organize and enter 10 teams for a squad and earn $125 for the group. High handicap series amongst that group wins the $125 prize. To be eligible, organizer must turn in all entries at the same time and by March 15
Youth – Bowlers may compete twice in Doubles & Singles. Doubles once on a boy/girl team, and once on either a boy/boy or girl/girl team.
The Greater Grand Rapids Youth Championship Tournament will be held at Rockford Lanes, April 13-27.
Squads at 11:30am and 3:00pm each day.
Saturday April 13
Sunday April 14
Saturday April 20
Saturday April 27
Entry forms will be available soon.
The Greater Grand Rapids USBC Association ensures the integrity and protects the future of the sport, provides programs and services and enhances the bowling experience.
2405-A Porter SW
Wyoming, MI 49519
Phone: (616) 530-8195
Fax: (616) 530-0643